By Gail Buse, International Ambassador
As we continued with the strategy God gave us—Start, Send, Sustain—in 2011 our FCF family has grown globally and produced much fruit.
Our 2011 Accomplishments
To date, we have at least one credentialed minister or missionary in 49 nations. New doors of opportunity opened for us this past year. FCF Missionary and Relational Representative Victor Mwangi reached out to ministers in Rwanda. FCF missionaries moved to and established ministries in Costa Rica and China.
Also in 2011, we sent 21 ministers to teach, encourage, and sustain ministers at 25 Leadership Summits or Relational Gatherings. The total cost to finance these summits and gatherings was $62,323.89. Just think about the impact that this small amount of money has made in the lives of the attendees and the nations where they live and minister.
Besides our investment in Leadership Summits and Relational Gatherings, our FCF family did the following:
- For $950, we purchased an ISOM Bible school curriculum in the Tamil language for the Philippines.
- With $1,135, we paid for legal fees in the Philippines and South Africa.
- With $1,000, we bought office equipment for our India representative.
- We collected $6,000 to help with the medical expenses of Mana Limbu, wife of our Nepalese Relational Representative D.K. Limbu.
- We sent $1,000 to Pastor Irfan Toska to help register and service the vehicle that they use to take the Gospel around the nation of Albania.
- We sent $300 to the Philippines for a special Christmas outreach.
- We spent $5,000 updating the international section of www.fcf.org.
As you can see, we have had a tremendous global impact with the amount of monies we received in 2011 for General Missions. Click here to view a short video of FCF’s global impact.
The 2012 Global Missions Budget
Our minimum operational budget for FCF’s 2012 General Missions is $120,000. This amount allows us to sponsor the Leadership Summits and Relational Gatherings and complete three special projects.
Our special projects for 2012 are as follows:
Currently, FCF General Missions receives an average of $7,110.12 per month. Our 2011 General Missions income was $85,321.35, which falls short of our minimum operational amount of $120,000.
Beside our three special projects for 2012, we have several other worthwhile opportunities and projects, but we don’t have the funds to commit to them at this point. With additional funds we can sponsor overseas Bible schools and students, and partner with FCF Philippines in a self-sustaining church planting and education program. I believe that we can do these things because our God is a big God. Our goal of $120,000 is not too big or too hard for Him. He just needs our cooperation.
I am challenging you, our FCF credentialed minister, and our churches to raise our monthly General Missions income to $10,000. If an additional 30 people would give $100 per month, or if 10 additional churches would give $300 per month, our monthly income would increase to $10,000. Thus, we would meet our annual budget of $120,000 for General Missions.
Our commitment to obey the Great Commandment and to finance missionary endeavors reflects our commitment to our Master’s command to “reach the world.” We cannot expect another person to do what is our personal responsibility to do. We can all do something.
In 2012, we have the following opportunities to take the Gospel around the world:
We can help FCF Peruvian Representative Omar Oscanoa to plant a Bible school in Peru.
We can sponsor a Bible school in Nepal.
We can mobilize our efforts for expanding into other nations in Africa and Asia.
We have trusted, strong, and proven leaders in these areas who have the Father God’s heart and are passionate about ministering to ministers. They are strongly committed to FCF’s vision, but they need our help to get to the places they need to go so that FCF can have a greater impact. We can do this as a family—if we purpose to do it TOGETHER.
By increasing our monthly General Missions income from $7,110.12 to $10,000, we can help our family in Peru, Nepal, Africa and Asia minister to ministers, train a new generation of leaders and ministers, reach into new areas and go places where you and I cannot go, and share the Message that transforms nations. What an opportunity! What a difference $3,000 more dollars each month will make!
Please hear my heart: It saddens me that as an organization our General Missions giving has not even reached $100,000 annually. I know that the lack is not on the part of the Father; it lies within us.
Do we really need to pray about giving to missions? I don’t think so because we know that going to the uttermost parts of the world with the Gospel is the Father’s will. Together we can—and will—do so much more. The question is this: What is your part? What will you do?
2012 Short-Term Mission Opportunities.
We have arranged several short-term team opportunities that are available for the months of July, August and September 2012. If you sense the Lord directing you to get involved in one of these short-term opportunities, don’t hesitate. These opportunities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Elbasan, Albania: July 20-28
- Children’s Ministry: VBS in the villages or at the Elbasan church for neighborhood children.
- Evangelistic Drama Outreach team that would preach Christ to people in villages
- Airfare aprox. $1465* (One stop through Rome /no overnight)
- $50 per person for in-country accommodations and food
- Bus rental for in-country travel $500 for team (split the cost per person)
Santa Ana, El Salvador: Flexible dates in August or September
- VBS and Children Ministry
- Teaching and training for leaders and workers
- Airfare from NYC to San Salvador approx. $550*
- Airfare from Newark approx. $675*
- $650 per person for in-country accommodations, food and transportation
FCF will work to customize the short-term trip for your local church.
Jamaica: July and August
Three opportunities are available:
- FCF Jamaica Youth Camp: July 13-21
- Need camp workers and youth workers
- Evangelism/Drama Team to Haughton Grove or St Ann’s Bay: July or August
- FCF will work to customize the short-term trip for your local church.
- VBS/Drama Team in Montego Bay: July or August
- Airfare from Newark to Montego Bay approx. $500*
- $40 per person per day for food and lodging
- $800 per team in-country transportation (Cost can be split per person.)
* Please note, airfare expense is subject to airline rates and departure city.
If you have questions or need more information, email
To make a donation to General Missions, click here.
To make a Missions Faith Promise, click here.
To read the good reports from our FCF family around the world, click here.